The Rotaract Club of our college was started under the initiative of Dr. V. Eswaran, the former Principal of our college in the year 2000, with the support and help of Rotary Club of Thirunagar. The club organises meetings for the benefit of students to be socially responsible. The club also imparts leadership training and extension activities throughout the year.
- Installation of new team was held on 9th December, 2016 in the presence of Dr.M.Eyini, Principal, Thiagarajar College and the sponsor club President and Secretary and Rotaract Coordinator of Rotary club of Madurai North.
- Rotaract Club is included in the Part V in Curriculum. Activities were finalized and given as syllabus. 50 first year undergraduate students of various departments were selected for Rotaract Club. The list of 50 students was given by the Dean, Students' Welfare.
- Plan of action for 2016-17 was submitted.
- Twenty (20) volunteers participated in the event "Maram Madurai" organized to honour the Para Olymbics gold medalist Mr.Mariappan on December, 2016. District Collector was the Chief Guest.
- An awareness programme on "Fighting drug trafficking and abuse of illegal substances" was organized on 27.12.2016 in collaboration with Narcotics Control Bureau (the nodal drug law enforcement and intelligence agency of India) for Rotaract students.
- Service Project was conducted on 29 th December, 2016 to create awareness on plastic free campus and cleanliness. Rotaract students were divided into 6 groups and they cleaned and collected polythene carry bags. They placed placards against use and throw of plastic in selected places where students dumped polythene bags.
- 6 Rotaract students participated in the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) programme organized by Rotary Club of Madurai West from December 31 st , 2016 to January 1 st , 2017 at Mahatma Residential School, Madurai.
- Rotaract Club of Thiagarajar College organized a special lecture on "Environmental Effects on Public Health" on Friday, 6 th January, 2017 given by Dr.N.Arun Nagendran, Associate Professor of Zoology, Thiagarajar College.
- Rotaract Orientation Programme, sharing the experience about RYLA by 6 Rotaract RYLA participants and honouring the outstanding students in extracurricular activities was during observance the National Youth Day on January 12 th , 2017.
- 24 Rotaract students worked as volunteer for All India essay and painting competition MY CITY MY HERITAGE for school students organized by INTACH Madurai Club held at Thiagarajar College on 27 th January, 2017.
- 16 Rotaract students participated and completed training organized by Rotaract DISTRICT (3000), "Break the Barriers" conducted during the "YUVA MADURA'17" (Rotaract Regional Forum) held on 29 th January, 2017 at Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College, Madurai.
- 22 Rotaract students of our college attended the Rotaract Regional Level Cultural Fest (ARC2K17) organized by Rotaract Club of American College on 16 th February, 2017. Our students got prizes to all competitions and got overall trophy too.
- On 26 th February and 5 th March, 2017 Rotaract students went to Kilakuyilkudi Village (Samanar temple) to clean the temple and to create awareness to the people about the negative impact of using plastics on health and environment.
- All Part V Rotaract Students submitted one assignment in the topic "Health and Hygiene" and submitted one project proposal in the field of traffic/ drug awareness.
- Four Rotaract Students attended the 26 th District Rotaract Conference ('GNES17') held at Kodaikanal on 11 th &12 th March, 2017.