To further realize the vision and mission of Women’s Studies Centre of Thiagarajar College, Madurai, B.Sc. Psychology course was started in the academic year of 2015-2016. Psychology degree provides graduates with a broad skill set including data analysis, problem solving, scientific and statistical literacy and effective communication to probe the human sub- consciousness and suggest mental health care measures.
This study is growing dynamically with the ever evolving society. It is a multifaceted discipline which lies at the crossroads of other disciplines like biology, medicine, sociology, linguistics, medicine, anthropology, history and education as its content overlaps with other subjects, with unfailing regularity.
On completion of B.Sc. Psychology course, candidates have various career opportunities.
- To involve in the study of mind processes, reactions, motives, feelings, crisis management, conflict resolution, motivation, group think and nature of mind.
- To develop essential skills in preparation for a wide range of careers, while also allowing for specialisation in a particular psychological discipline focused towards student’s professional interests.
They can work in:
To create awareness on physical, psychological, nutritional health and specific environmental problems which affect human beings and to make a positive difference in student lives, Thiagarajar College Women's Studies Centre funded by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi is offering this course.
- Non Government & Government Agencies- Social Welfare, Rehabilitation
- Mental health worker/Counsellor
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Educational Psychologist
- Child/ Youth Guidance Centres/Geriatric Counsellor
- Marketing, Advertising & Consumer Behaviour Analyst
- Hospital Management