- Books Details
- Special Collection
- 60 Talking Books (Rotalk-audio cassettes for blind students)
- Charts and Maps
- Rare Books Corner
- New Arrivals Corner
- Encyclopedia Enclave
- News Paper Corner
- E-Resources -164 Nos.
- Grants Availed
- UGC: Text Book, Plan Block Grant, Basic Grant, Fist, UG, PG & M.Phil Development Scheme, SAL, COSIP, COHSSIP, Vocational, Autonomy, Revival of Old Reputed College (ORC), SC/ST Remedial Coaching, COP –VOC & VOCA, MHRD
- Books acquired under special schemes
- Equal Opportunity Centre.
- College in Backward Area.
- Coaching for NET/SLET for SC/ST/OBC and Minority.
- Coaching classes for Entry in Service.
- DST-FIST - Botany & Zoology
- Star College Scheme - Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry
- M.Sc. Bio Resource Management
- Major Research Project, Minor Research Project
- MOEF Project, CICT Research Project
- Open Access System
- In the Open Access System, readers have the privilege of direct access to the shelves in the stock rooms and the reading room. Books on the same subjects are kept together with those on related subjects.
- Books Issue System
- Books are issued to students, staff and research scholars. Students have full access to the library.
- UG : 3
- PG : 4
- M.Phil. : 4
- Ph.D. : 5
- Journals / Magazines / Newspapers
- International Jouranl :12
- Indian Journals :56
- Magazines :32
- Online Journals :4+INFLIBNET+NGL(National Digital Library of India)
- News Paper :10
- Digital Library Section
- Two Separate Computers for Visually challenged Students and 10 Computers for Students activities with free internet provisions.
- Back Volume Section
- There are 5625 Back Volumes. The valuable Back Volumes are exclusively for the scholars, staff and visitors for their research work.
- Reference Section
- The Library has 4238 reference books. The section holds encyclopedias, dictionaries and gazettes, 1162 competitive examination books, biographies and previous year’s model question papers, etc. Readers need to access their resources from the reference collection. Reference books are not for lending. They can be used inside the library and if needed can be photocopied.
- Students : Yes
- Staff : Yes
- Number of department libraries :12
- Our Library is automated -Name of the automation software used :"MODERNLIB"
- Gate Register
- The manual In – Out time registration is replaced by Digital Gate Registration. This process includes a simple scanning of Barcode available in Students Identity Card. All the details of the Students will be stored automatically.
- OPAC System:(Online Public Access Catalogue)
- OPAC System which enables the students to stature the exact location of the book and to access it. This system is friendly for the Library Staff to reshelf the books to its original position.
- This system grants information about the unavailable books like its Borrower’s Name, Roll number, Returning date and Reservation if any, so that the User can plan accordingly.
- This system also provides the user’s Due date, Return date and Fine details.
- No manual changes can be made to the above mentioned constraints for the Readers.
- Issue / Return Books:
- Books borrowed from Library may be returned on any working day of the Library, but maximum due allowed is fifteen days.
- Books should be returned on or before the last date stamped on the Return Slip in the books. If that date, however happens to be a holiday, the next working day will not be considered as due date, student should return their book the day before holiday.
- Books of reference should not be taken out of the Library.
- A student’s absence from the college on the due date will not be considered as a valid reason for failure to return a book on that date.
- Arrangement of Books:
- The books are arranged according to their subjects in separate racks with those related subject book’s racks are kept next to them.
- The locations of books are fed to computers for easy access.
- Identification Stickers are provided to reshelf the books, which reduces Library staff’s work.
- Reading Hall
- The library reading room is open to all members of the college. Strict silence and decorum are maintained in the library.
- CDs/DVDs : 103 Nos.
- Other AV(Audio Visual) resources : 60 Audio Cassettes for blind students
- Co-curricular Field Libraries
- Physical education
- N.C.C. Navy
- N.C.C. Army with reading room
- Youth Red Cross Society
|No. of Books||:||96742|
|World Bank Repository||:||253|
UGC Merged Schemes
Number of Tickets issued to students studying under various courses are as follows:
Separate reading room facility for
Services / Facilities in the Library