- Mr.R.Selvakumar M.P.Ed., M.Phil., PGDCA, PGDYA (Director)
- Mr.M.Raja B.Sc (Physical Education) M.PED., PGD Yoga, (Assistant Director)
The Department of Physical Education was established in 1949.
The department has a collection of 300 books
on various disciplines of Sports and Games
|All facilities are available for
the following INDOOR GAMES
|Number of courts for
|11.||Long Jump Pit||1|
|12.||Parallel Bar||2 ||
- Sports Report 2016-17 (.pdf)
- Sports Report 2015-16 (.pdf)
The Physical Education Department offers two papers in physical education. The under graduate students who opt for physical education as Part V must write two examinations at the end of the first and second year.
- intramural tournaments for chess, carom, football, volleyball and handball ,basketball, tennikoit, ball badminton & cricket, chess, carom, football, throw ball, badminton, volleyball and athletics
- visual impairment chess tournament
- seven day coaching camps for handball, football, ball badminton and athletics
- five day camps for silambam, gymnastics, karate & yoga
The department conducts regular yoga classes for day-students and Hostel students.
Organises Madurai Kamaraj University "A" Zone Inter-Collegiate Ball Badminton Men's tournament and Kalaithanthai Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar Memorial Inter- Collegiate Basketball (Men) & Volleyball (Women) tournaments.