SSL-Under CBCS pattern SSL is included as one of the Part V subjects for Self Financestudents.Social Service League Started in the Academic year 2015.There are Totally 224 students enrolled in SSL.
The SSL paly a base role in developing leadership quality among students who can be an ethical leader in various aspects. The SSL try to streamline the attitude of students for having social awareness. Our goal is to create, develop and support programs that directly benefit those in need.
The SSL organizes several events and is actively involved in various activities. Regular talks and seminars are conducted throughout the year, inviting people in the field of social service Governmental, Our College department staff members who projects their initiation in the welfare and upliftment of students and also the student community who put their effort in making knowledge of others.
Activities Carried in the Year 2015-16
- Part-V SSL Inauguration was held on 09/01/2016 at 10.00 am in the College quadrangle. There are totally 149 students in SSL. Six Groups were allotted each group contains 25 members.
- A Special mediation class is arranged for all the SSL Volunteers on 23/12/2015, 24/12/2015 and 25/12/2015.
- A Special Lecture is arranged for all I year SSL Volunteers on “An Exposure to façe the Society after College Days” by Ms.L.SenthilLakshmi Executive Director, Tandem Informatics., Pvt., Ltd., Madurai in the MH-1 Hall on 11/02/2016 at 12.
- A Special Lecture is arranged for all I year SSL Volunteers on “Awareness towards Consumer Rights” by Dr.P.S.SenthilKumar, Asst. Professor Dept. of Commerce (IT),S.V.N College, Madurai in the MH1- Hall on 07/03/2016 at 12.00 pm.
- SSL Students have attended the Independence Day Flag Hoisting function as their primary duty in the campus held on 15/08/2016.
- Life Skills Awareness Programme on “Day to Day Life Activities with Internet – a real time Exposure” by Post Graduate Computer Science Students of Thiagarajar College, Madurai, is arranged for SSL Students on 19/08/2016 in MH-1 Hall at 11am.
|Activities Carried in the Year 2016-17 |
- Part-V SSL Inauguration was held on 24/10/2016 at 1.00 pm in MH-4. There are totally 75 students in SSL. Five Groups were allotted each group contains 15 members.
- An Orientation Programme is arranged for SSL I year & II year Students on 20/12/2016 about the activities to be focussed in this academic and its Plan Schedule.
- A Drug Abuse Programme is arranged for Part-V Branches SSL & Quality Circle by Mr. Devaraj - Narcotics Control Bureau on 26/12/2017 in Diamond Jubilee Hall at 12.15 pm.
- A Swachh Bharath Mobile Apps demo is arranged for all I and II year SSL Students by Madurai Corporation on 03/01/2017 in the College quadrangle at 11.15 am.
- Campus Cleaning is arranged for all I & II year SSL Students on 07/01/2017 to clean at back of quadrangle at 10 am.
- A Tree Walk is arranged for all I & II year SSL Students on 07.01.2017 by Ms.Aruna Devi, Asst.Prof., Dept. of Botany, Thiagarajar College, Madurai at 11 am.
- A team of 20 team Members from SSL have been sent to Madesia Hall Organised by Madurai Corporation of India, Headed by Madurai Commissioner for Swachh Bharath Mobile Apps reg on 07/01/2017 at 10.00 am with the accompany of Dr.Saraswathi, Asst.Prof., Dept. of Botany, Thiagarajar College, Madurai.
- A Special Lecture is arranged for all I and II year SSL student on “Waste Management Programme” by Dr. Kannan, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY, Thiagarajar College, Madurai on 12/01/2017 in College Campus at 2.00 pm.