Physical Education |
NCC - Army |
NCC - Navy |
Youth Red Cross Society |
Social Service League
Youth Red Cross Society
Lt.Dr.N.Arun Nagendran-Programme Officer
Dr.K.Saraswathi & MR.Kumarappan - Programme Officers
The Youth Red Cross unit of our college imbibes service mindedness among students and trains them to disseminate and practice the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross Society, HUMANITY, IMPARTIALITY, NEUTRALITY, INDEPENDENCE, VOLUNTARY SERVICE, UNITY and UNIVERSALITY.
Under CBCS pattern Youth Red Cross Society is included as one of the Part V subjects for Self – Finance students.
It offers the following two papers.
- For I year students: Organization of Red Cross Society
and Youth Empowerment
- For II year students: First Aid
- Disaster Management in Orientation Camp for YRC Programme Offices organized by Department of Youth Welfare, Madurai Kamaraj University on 26.02.16
- Role of youth in Community development at VVV College, Virudhunagar on 14.03.16 organized by and RRC of the college.
- On 24.07.2016, 75 volunteers have participated in Save Vaigai Rally starting from Gandhi Memorial Museum along river Vaigai.
- 10 volunteers have participated in One day Youth Camp organized by Chinmaya Yuva Kendra on 07.08.2016.
- 94 volunteers attended Independence Day celebrations at our college campus
- On 15.08.16, 106 volunteers participated in Blood Donation Camp organized by Netaji Netal Movement.
- As per the directions of Government of India and subsequently by UGC, AZADI – 70 (Freedom – 70) was celebrated in our college. Mr. V. Swaminathan, President, Netaji National Movement delivered a special lecture on “Freedom Struggle since 1857”. Video clippings on freedom struggle were also shown and 88 volunteers have participated.
- A One-day camp conducted by Sri Ramakrishna Math on Youth Training Camp was participated by 159 volunteers on 10.09.2016.
- Two volunteers have participated in State Level Elocution Competition held at Vivekananda College on 06.09.16 to commemorate 67th Geneva Convention Day organized jointly by Indian Red Cross Society, Tamilnadu State Branch and Youth Red Cross Society Madurai District Branch.
- On 02nd October 2016, 79 volunteers visited Gandhi Memorial Museum to pay homage to the Father of the Nation. Mr. Veeraraghavan, IAS., District Collector has addressed our students
- On 15.12.16 we conducted District level Declamation Contest on Patriotism and Nation Building as a part of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharath programme in collaboration with Nehru Yuva Kendra, Government of India.