Value Education Centre
Lt.Dr.N.ARUN NAGENDRAN, Co-ordinator
Programme Officer: Dr. K. Selvakumar
|The spirit of Value Education Centre of our college is to effectively impart and promote human
values in the minds of younger generation. It attempts to make the students to learn and
practice the eternal values of life and struggle for social justice and against the suppression
of the down trodden and the weaker sections of the society.
The members are promoted to dedicate themselves for good cause. The objectives of the
centre is achieved through lectures and involving the members in related activities.
|On 26th Sep. 2012, a special lecture delivered to the students of the College by Mr.Krishnamoorthy, Co-ordinator,
Vivekananda Kendra, Madurai Region on the occassion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.|
Personality Development Camp at Kanyakumari (Re-camp) from 15.09.2012 to 16.09.2012 – 6 Boys & 4 Girls participated.
60 Students participated in Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Jeyanthi Celebrations 0n 12th September 2012 at Ramakrishna Math, Madurai
- Participation in residential Personality Participation in the residential
programme on Non Violence, Peace and Yoga organized by International
Gandhian Institute for Nonviolence and Peace
- Celebrating National Youth Day and recognizing achievers on the day
- Visit to old age home, orphanage, children aid society etc.,
- Regular participation in the Cultural examination conducted by Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari
- Conducting yoga classes
- Participation in National Youth Day Essay competition organized by Ramkrishna Math, Chennai
- 15 students volunteered at Ramkrishna Math, during the visit of the former President of India, His Excellency Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- R. Karthik, II B.Sc. Chem, S. Mohan, A. Mohanraj, Sheik Abdulla, III B.Sc. IMB and V. Muthupandi, II B.Sc. (IT) participated in a three day residential camp on “non violence, peace and yoga” organized by International Gandhian Institute for non violence and peace.
- R. Malarvizhi, II B.Com. M. Pratheeka, II B.A. Eng., S. Meenalakshmi and M.G. Durga Devi, II B.A. Tam., S.P.Raja and S. Senthilkumar, II B.C.A., S. Vinoth kumar, II B.Sc. IT. and Shakil Kumar, III B.C.A. were selected for a state level personality development camp at Kanyakumari organized by Vivekananda Kendra.
- 86 students have attended a state level cultural examination, of which 33 students were selected to attend a one-day personality camp.
- Five students attended a state level five-day personality development camp organised by Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari.