Conferences and Workshops attended
- Presentation of Paper in the National Conference
- Participated and presented a paper called ?An Effective Approach for the Improvement of Communication Skills? in the National Conference organised by English Language Teachers? Association of India (ELTAI) at College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai during 06 - 07 February 2004.
- Presentation of Papers in the National and the International Seminar
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Creativity and Innovation in building Sentences through Lexical Items in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on 21st Century English Classroom: Perspectives and Challenges held at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, during 23-24 Oct.,2014
- Attended and Presented a paper on Validity of Language Testing in TNPSC Exams: An Exploratory Approach in a two-day National Seminar on ?Examination Reforms? (NSER 2015) by the Dept. of Education, Gandhigram Rural Institute ? Deemed University, Gandhigram and National Testing Service ? India, CIIL, Mysuru during 13-14 November. 2015
- Attended and presented a paper on ?Expatriate Representation in Kiran Desai?s The Inheritance of Loss? in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Divergent Indian Voices: New Contours in Postcoloniality at Nirmala College, Ernakulam Dt., Kerala during 22-23 February 2016
- Attended and presented a paper on A Fusion of Virtual Tennis Game in Doubles and Conditionals: A Theoretical Approach in the International Seminar on Challenges and Opportunities in English Language Teaching in the Postcolonial Era organised the Department of English, Sourashtra College, Madurai on 10 January 2018.
- Regional Conference Attended
- Attended the Fourth Regional Conference of English Language Teachers? Association of India at P. K. R. Arts College for Women, Gobichettipalayam on 10 July 2004
- National Level FDP Attended
- Participated in a one-day ?National Level Faculty Development Programme? on ?Enhancing Educational Excellence? (EEE-06) on 28 July 2006 at Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
- Participated in a one-day Refresher Programme on ?Stress Management and Emotional Wellbeing? conducted by Women?s Studies Centre, Thiagarajar College, Madurai on 14.03.2015
- Participated in a Two-Day Faculty Development Workshop on "Teaching English with Technology" organised by The Research Department of English, St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli on 24th and 25th January, 2018.
- Partook in a Faculty Development Course on ?Re-Engineering Teaching Communication Skills? conducted by Anna University and held at College of Engineering, Guindy during 09 ? 10 February 2004
- FTP Attended
- Attended a 3-day ?Faculty Training Programme? on ?Effective Teaching Methods? conducted by Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University and Department of English, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai during 17 ? 19 July 2006.
- FDC Attended:
- National Level Workshop Attended
- Took part in a one-day National Level Workshop on ?Environmental Degradation and Pollution Awareness?? organised by the Department of Science and Humanities, Jayam College of Engineering and Technology, Dharmapuri on 28 June 2004
- Attended a five-day Workshop on ?Grammar and Communication Skills? during 28 January - 02 February 2006 conducted by Sona College of Technology, Salem
- Attended a one-week Workshop on Functional English at IIT, Kharagpur from 16.7.2009 to 21.7.2009
- Attended a three-day Workshop on ?Deep-Dive Faculty Enablement Programme on Business English during 24-26 July 2012 organised by Infosys Ltd., Mysore
- State Level Workshop Attended
- Attended a UGC sponsored State Level Workshop on Tobacco Control for College Teachers organized by Madurai School of Social Sciences, Madurai from 7 January 2016 to 9 January 2016
- Attended a One-Day Workshop on Innovative Practices in Examination Systems organised by Thiagarajar College, Madurai under UGC Autonomy Grant on 13.02.2019.
- National Seminar Attended
- Attended a two-day National Seminar on Examination Reforms (NSER 2015) organised by the Dept. of Education, Gandhigram Rural Institute ? Deemed University, Gandhigram and National Testing Service ? India, CIIL, Mysuru during 13-14 November 2015
- Session Chaired
- Chaired a Session in the National Seminar on Examination Reforms (NSER 2015) organised by the Department of Education, Gandhigram Rural Institute ? Deemed University, Gandhigram and National Testing Service ? India, CIII, Mysuru during 13-14 November 2015.
- Chaired a session in the International Seminar on Challenges and Opportunities in English Language Teaching in the Postcolonial Era organised by the Department of English, Sourashtra College, Madurai on 10 January 2018.
- Orientation Programmes attended
- Participated in the UGC sponsored 86th Orientation Programme organised by UGC-Academic Staff College at Bharathidasan University, Trichirapalli, Tamil Nadu from 28 Jan, 2015 to 24 Feb, 2015
- Participated in the Orientation Training for NSS (National Service Scheme) Programme Officers by Empanelled Training Institution - NSS (Under the auspices of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India), Coimbatore at Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore from 12 Feb, 2016 to 18 Feb, 2016
- Attended a 21-Day Refresher Course in Human Rights (Arts / Humanities / Social Science / Sciences) - Batch II (Interdisciplinary) held from 03.11.2017 to 23.11.2017 at HRDC-RCCB, University of Madras, Chennai.
- Attended a 21-Day Refresher Course in English from 16/11.2018 to 06.12.2018 at UGC-HRDC, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
Lecturer in English8.8 Years
Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu
Asst. Professor (Sl. Grade) in the Department of English9.3 Years
Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Erode District, Tamil Nadu
Awards / Recognitions
- Trained Counselor
- Attended a 6-day Training Programme on Counseling and Psychological Services for College Teachers on Psycho-Educational Skills organised by District Administration & Manasa Madurai in association with Regional Joint Director of Collegiate Education, Madurai held at The American College, Madurai from 24.11.2014 to 29.11.2014
- Completed a FIve-Module Online Course on Teaching Grammar Communicatively which was designed by World Learning through MOOC by The American English (AE) E-Teacher Program - A Program of the U.S. Department of the State and FHI 360 during April-May 2019.
An ISO Internal Quality Auditor
- Editorial Board Member
- The Editor of BIT NEWS in Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam from 2005 to 2013
- The Editorial Assistance of Indian Journal of Information Science and Services (IJISS) ? A Refereed Research Journal on Library and Information Science ? Published half-yearly by the Learning Resource Centre, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam from 2008 to 2013
- Recognized as an Editorial Board Member cum Reviewer of a Peer-Reviewed International Journal of English Language and Literature Studies: ISSN 1925-4768 (print) ISSN 1925-4776 (online) by Canadian Center of Science and Education, Canada from December 2014 to November 2015
- Other Information
- NSS Programme Officer of Unit No. 63 at Thiagarajar College, Madurai from 1 Oct, 2014 to March 2018.
- An Academic Council Member of Thiagarajar College, Madurai since October 2014
- A Sports Committee Member of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from September 2014 to August 2015
- A Coordinator of TECA Programme from September 2014 to August 2015
- A Member of the Admission Committee (Special Quota) in the academic year 2014-15
- Warden of the Men's Hostel (Valluvar Illam) of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from 7 August 2015 to 6 June 2018.
- In-charge for Educational Tour of the department since June, 2016
- 5'S' Coordinator of the Men's Hostel (Valluvar Illam) of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from Jan, 2016 to June, 2018.
- The Placement Coordinator of the Dept. of English, Thiagarajar College, Madurai since November 2016
- A trained 5'S' auditor of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from Jan, 2016 till 6 June, 2018.
- Dept. Representative - NIRF - since November 2016
- '5S' Steering Committee Member from April 2017 to May 2018
- The Convener of the UG Admission Committee for I B.A. English (Aided) - May, 2018
- The Mentor of II B.A. English Class
- Dept. Coordinator - NPTEL - 2018 onwards
- Functioned as an Academic Auditor for the Part II English on the Syllabi and Question Papers of Vivekananda College, Tiruvedakam West, Madurai during March-April 2019.
- Evaluated a PhD Thesis titled Love and Religion as the Motifs in Vikram Seth's The Golden Gate and A Suitable Boy submitted to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in June 2019
|Scholar name||Research area||Status||Year|
|K. Jayakumar||ELT||Pursuing||N. A|
|K. R. Surendran||Stylistics||Pursuing||N. A|
|D. Johnson||Indian Writing in English||Pursuing||N. A|
|C. Jaganbabu||American Literature||Pursuing||N. A|
|C. Bhooma||Indian Writing in English||Pursuing||N. A|
|Sarwath Unisa||Indian Writing in English||Pursuing||N. A|
|Madhuranthagan||English Literature||Pursuing||N. A|
|Dinesh Kumar||ELT||Pursuing||N. A|
|V. Dhanalakshmi (M.Phil)||Feminism||Completed||2019|
|M. Lavanya (M. Phil)||Existentialism||Completed||2019|
|ELTeCS||On-line member of the English Language Teaching Contacts Scheme||Life time|
|ELT@I||A member of English Language Teachers' Association of India||2017-2020|