Conferences and Workshops attended
- Presentation of Paper in the National Conference
- Participated and presented a paper called ?An Effective Approach for the Improvement of Communication Skills? in the National Conference organised by English Language Teachers? Association of India (ELTAI) at College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai during 06 - 07 February 2004.
- Presentation of Papers in the National and the International Seminar
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Creativity and Innovation in building Sentences through Lexical Items in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on 21st Century English Classroom: Perspectives and Challenges held at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, during 23-24 Oct.,2014
- Attended and Presented a paper on Validity of Language Testing in TNPSC Exams: An Exploratory Approach in a two-day National Seminar on ?Examination Reforms? (NSER 2015) by the Dept. of Education, Gandhigram Rural Institute ? Deemed University, Gandhigram and National Testing Service ? India, CIIL, Mysuru during 13-14 November. 2015
- Attended and presented a paper on ?Expatriate Representation in Kiran Desai?s The Inheritance of Loss? in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Divergent Indian Voices: New Contours in Postcoloniality at Nirmala College, Ernakulam Dt., Kerala during 22-23 February 2016
- Attended and presented a paper on A Fusion of Virtual Tennis Game in Doubles and Conditionals: A Theoretical Approach in the International Seminar on Challenges and Opportunities in English Language Teaching in the Postcolonial Era organised the Department of English, Sourashtra College, Madurai on 10 January 2018.
- Regional Conference Attended
- Attended the Fourth Regional Conference of English Language Teachers? Association of India at P. K. R. Arts College for Women, Gobichettipalayam on 10 July 2004
- National Level FDP Attended
- Participated in a one-day ?National Level Faculty Development Programme? on ?Enhancing Educational Excellence? (EEE-06) on 28 July 2006 at Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
- Participated in a one-day Refresher Programme on ?Stress Management and Emotional Wellbeing? conducted by Women?s Studies Centre, Thiagarajar College, Madurai on 14.03.2015
- Participated in a Two-Day Faculty Development Workshop on "Teaching English with Technology" organised by The Research Department of English, St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli on 24th and 25th January, 2018.
- Partook in a Faculty Development Course on ?Re-Engineering Teaching Communication Skills? conducted by Anna University and held at College of Engineering, Guindy during 09 ? 10 February 2004
- FTP Attended
- Attended a 3-day ?Faculty Training Programme? on ?Effective Teaching Methods? conducted by Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University and Department of English, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai during 17 ? 19 July 2006.
- FDC Attended:
- National Level Workshop Attended
- Took part in a one-day National Level Workshop on ?Environmental Degradation and Pollution Awareness?? organised by the Department of Science and Humanities, Jayam College of Engineering and Technology, Dharmapuri on 28 June 2004
- Attended a five-day Workshop on ?Grammar and Communication Skills? during 28 January - 02 February 2006 conducted by Sona College of Technology, Salem
- Attended a one-week Workshop on Functional English at IIT, Kharagpur from 16.7.2009 to 21.7.2009
- Attended a three-day Workshop on ?Deep-Dive Faculty Enablement Programme on Business English during 24-26 July 2012 organised by Infosys Ltd., Mysore
- State Level Workshop Attended
- Attended a UGC sponsored State Level Workshop on Tobacco Control for College Teachers organized by Madurai School of Social Sciences, Madurai from 7 January 2016 to 9 January 2016
- Attended a One-Day Workshop on Innovative Practices in Examination Systems organised by Thiagarajar College, Madurai under UGC Autonomy Grant on 13.02.2019.
- National Seminar Attended
- Attended a two-day National Seminar on Examination Reforms (NSER 2015) organised by the Dept. of Education, Gandhigram Rural Institute ? Deemed University, Gandhigram and National Testing Service ? India, CIIL, Mysuru during 13-14 November 2015
- Session Chaired
- Chaired a Session in the National Seminar on Examination Reforms (NSER 2015) organised by the Department of Education, Gandhigram Rural Institute ? Deemed University, Gandhigram and National Testing Service ? India, CIII, Mysuru during 13-14 November 2015.
- Chaired a session in the International Seminar on Challenges and Opportunities in English Language Teaching in the Postcolonial Era organised by the Department of English, Sourashtra College, Madurai on 10 January 2018.
- Orientation Programmes attended
- Participated in the UGC sponsored 86th Orientation Programme organised by UGC-Academic Staff College at Bharathidasan University, Trichirapalli, Tamil Nadu from 28 Jan, 2015 to 24 Feb, 2015
- Participated in the Orientation Training for NSS (National Service Scheme) Programme Officers by Empanelled Training Institution - NSS (Under the auspices of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India), Coimbatore at Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore from 12 Feb, 2016 to 18 Feb, 2016
- Attended a 21-Day Refresher Course in Human Rights (Arts / Humanities / Social Science / Sciences) - Batch II (Interdisciplinary) held from 03.11.2017 to 23.11.2017 at HRDC-RCCB, University of Madras, Chennai.
- Attended a 21-Day Refresher Course in English from 16/11.2018 to 06.12.2018 at UGC-HRDC, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
- Attended an MHRD sponsored 10-Day Workshop on "Teaching, Learning and Evaluation" at Central University of Rajasthan from 04.11.2019 to 14.11.2019.
- Attended an FIP Online Short-Term Course on “Research Methodology in Arts and Social Sciences” by UGC-HRDC & RUSA, Osmania University, Hyderabad from 29.06.2020-04.07.2020.
- • Participated in the International Faculty Development Programme (Webinar) on “Assessment Literacy: Challenges and Innovations” organised by the Department of Applied Science, PSG College of Technology in collaboration with Department of English and English Language Teachers’ Association of India (ELTAI) – Coimbatore Chapter from 18th to 20th June, 2020.
Lecturer in English8.8 Years
Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu
Asst. Professor (Sl. Grade) in the Department of English9.3 Years
Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Erode District, Tamil Nadu
Awards / Recognitions
- Trained Counselor
- Attended a 6-day Training Programme on Counseling and Psychological Services for College Teachers on Psycho-Educational Skills organised by District Administration & Manasa Madurai in association with Regional Joint Director of Collegiate Education, Madurai held at The American College, Madurai from 24.11.2014 to 29.11.2014
An ISO Internal Quality Auditor
- Editorial Board Member
- The Editor of BIT NEWS in Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam from 2005 to 2013
- The Editorial Assistance of Indian Journal of Information Science and Services (IJISS) ? A Refereed Research Journal on Library and Information Science ? Published half-yearly by the Learning Resource Centre, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam from 2008 to 2013
- Recognized as an Editorial Board Member cum Reviewer of a Peer-Reviewed International Journal of English Language and Literature Studies: ISSN 1925-4768 (print) ISSN 1925-4776 (online) by Canadian Center of Science and Education, Canada from December 2014 to November 2015
- Other Information
- NSS Programme Officer of Unit No. 63 at Thiagarajar College, Madurai from 1 Oct, 2014 to March 2018.
- An Academic Council Member of Thiagarajar College, Madurai since October 2014
- A Sports Committee Member of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from September 2014 to August 2015
- A Coordinator of TECA Programme from September 2014 to August 2015
- A Member of the Admission Committee (Special Quota) in the academic year 2014-15
- Warden of the Men's Hostel (Valluvar Illam) of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from 7 August 2015 to 6 June 2018.
- In-charge for Educational Tour of the department since June, 2016
- 5'S' Coordinator of the Men's Hostel (Valluvar Illam) of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from Jan, 2016 to June, 2018.
- The Placement Coordinator of the Dept. of English, Thiagarajar College, Madurai since November 2016
- A trained 5'S' auditor of Thiagarajar College, Madurai from Jan, 2016 till 6 June, 2018.
- Dept. Representative - NIRF - since November 2016
- '5S' Steering Committee Member from April 2017 to May 2018
- The Convener of the UG Admission Committee for I B.A. English (Aided) - May, 2018
- The Mentor of II B.A. English Class in 2019-20
- Dept. Coordinator - NPTEL from 2018 to 2021
- Functioned as an Academic Auditor for the Part II English on the Syllabi and Question Papers of Vivekananda College, Tiruvedakam West, Madurai during March-April 2019.
- Completed a FIve-Module Online Course on Teaching Grammar Communicatively which was designed by World Learning through MOOC by The American English (AE) E-Teacher Program - A Program of the U.S. Department of the State and FHI 360 during April-May 2019.
- Administered the Public Viva-Voce Examination of Lavanya's PhD Thesis titled Love and Religion as the Motifs in Vikram Seth's The Golden Gate and A Suitable Boy submitted to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore on 08.08.2019.
- Functioned as an External Examiner for conducting Viva-Voce Examination titled "Love and Religion as The Motifs in Vikram Seth's The Golden Gate and A Suitable Boy" at Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore on 08.08.2019.
- Completed an Online Course on Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting MOOC Badge offered by American English - English Teacher 2019 in August 2019.
- Cleared an Online NPTEL Course in "The Psychology of Language" in September 2019.
- Attended a one-hour Online Live Professional Development Event hosted by American English for Educators - American English Live 7.1 Foundations of TESOL Methodology on 15 January, 2020 through Webinar.
- Coordinator - Syllabus Revision Committee for BoS during 2020-21, 2021-22 & 2022-23
- Member - PG Admission Committee for the academic year 2021-22
- Coordinator for Placement Cell from 2015 to 2021
- Mentor for III B.A. English in 2020-21
- Mentor for I M.A. English in 2021-22
- Acted as an External Expert for Board of Studies (BoS) for Sri Sarada College for Women, Thirunelveli on 28.07.2020
- Completed the ARPIT Course (AICTE approved FDP course) run for 16 weeks from Sept 1, 2019 to Jan 15, 2020 for CAS Promotion on Gender/Women Studies with a “B” Grade in the proctored examination held on 16.02.2020 by SWAYAN ARPIT Online Course Certification organised by UGC-HRDC, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi through MHRD, Govt. of India
- Completed the Course run for 12 weeks from January 2020 to April 2020 on “Literary Criticism (From Plato to Leavis)” with a consolidated score of 72% (Elite) and earned 3 credits by NPTEL Online Certification (Funded by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India)
- Attended as an External Expert for BoS - Ratification / Equivalence of Papers at Sri Sarada College for Women, Tirunelveli on 2.11.21
- Received a Letter of Appreciation for having acted as a Mentor for 2 students for the NPTEL Course titled Literary Criticism (From Plato to Leavis) during the semester Jan-Apr 2020.
- Member - Annual Magazine Committee for 2019-20
- Member of Strand VI - Industry Collaborations of Savitha Project since Oct, 2021
|Scholar name||Research area||Status||Year|
|K. Jayakumar||ELT||Pursuing||N. A|
|K. R. Surendran||Stylistics||Pursuing||N. A|
|D. Johnson||Indian Writing in English||Pursuing||N. A|
|C. Jaganbabu||American Literature||Thesis sub||N. A|
|C. Bhooma||Indian Writing in English||Pursuing||N. A|
|Sarwath Unisa||Indian Writing in English||Pursuing||N. A|
|Madhuranthagan||English Literature||Pursuing||N. A|
|Dinesh Kumar||ELT||Pursuing||N. A|
|V. Dhanalakshmi (M.Phil)||Feminism||Awarded||2019|
|M. Lavanya (M. Phil)||Existentialism||Awarded||2019|
|N. Vijayalakshmi (M. Phil)||Transactional Theory||Awarded||2021|
|ELTeCS||On-line member of the English Language Teaching Contacts Scheme||Life time|
|ELT@I||A member of English Language Teachers' Association of India||2017-2020|