Abstracts published International Conference/Seminar/Symposium
- Rajagopal, T and G. Archunan, 2006. Agonistic and non-agonistic behaviuour interactions in Indian blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.) during dominance hierarchy formation. 6th International Deer Biological congress held at Czech Republic. Prague. Pp. 111-112.
- Rajagopal T, Thangamani A, Ponmanickam P, Sevarkodiyone SP, Archunan G. 2006. Limnological evaluation of a three perennial ponds with special reference to physico-chemical parameter and zooplankton density. Proceedings of the 8th AANESWM, Anna University, Chennai, pp. 311-312.
- Rajagopal, T, G. Archunan and S. Achiraman. 2007. Scent marking, conflict and courtship behaviours in Indian Blackbuck, Antelope cervicapra L.: A study in Arignar Anna Zoological Park. Australasian Society for the Study of Animal Behaviour & the International union for the study of Social Insects (Australian Chapter) held at Australian National University, Canberra. Pp. 22.
- Rajagopal, T. and G. Archunan. 2007. Scent over-marking hypothesis: a reliable assessment for competitive ability by potential male. 11th Congress of European society for evolutionary Biology held at Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden. Pp. 79.
- Archunan, G. and T. Rajagopal. 2009. Preorbital gland of male blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.): Behavioural assessment and chemical identification in view of dominance. Beijing Internal meeting on Research in Taste and Smell held at Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing China, pp. 38.
- Ponmanickam, P, T. Rajagopal and G. Archunan. 2013. Identification of volatiles in the urine of Little Indian Field Mouse, Mus booduga. International Chemical Ecology Conference held on 19 ? 23 August 2013 at Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Victoria, Australia.
Attended Orientation/ Refresher course/ Faculty Induction programme
Details of Professional Training and Research Experience
- Participated the Zoo club volunteer training programme held at Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Vandalur, Chennai during 15th & 16th January 2005.
- Participated the one-week Animal welfare training programme held at National Institute of Animal Welfare, Ballabgarh, Haryana during 23rd ? 27th January 2006.
- Participated the workshop on E-Resources and Higher Academic Research, held at Central Library, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli during 26th May 2007.
- Participated the National workshop on Biodiversity Assessment held at Mangalore University, Mangalore, during 15th to 17th February 2008.
- Participated the National workshop on GIS for Natural Resources & Disaster Management held at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, during 3rd to 7th March 2008.
- Participated the International workshop cum seminar on ?Advances in Modern Biotechnology and Molecular Techniques in Veterinary Parasitological: Diagnosis, Chemotherapy and control, held at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, during 17th to 21st March 2008.
- Participated the workshop on 2nd Asian Lepidoptera Symposium cum Workshop, held at Penang Butterfly Farm, Penang, Malaysia during 24th November to 28th November 2008.
- Participated the workshop on ?One day Expert Lecture Series on Intellectual property rights? held at Center for Bioresource Research and Development, Sathyabama University, Chennai during 27.08.2010.
- Participated in the Science Academies refresher course on Evolutionary Ecology of Plants and Animals from 11th November ? 26th November, 2013 at PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore.
Paper Presented in the Conferences/Seminars/Symposium (Oral/Poster)
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Effect of some allelochemics (Abrine, andrographolide, Gossypin and Solasonine) on fecundity in the Tobacco Cutworm, Spodoptera litura (Fabricius)? on National Seminar on Molecular Reproduction and Biomedicine held at ANJA College, Sivakasi during 12th to 14th October 2001 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Density and Relative abundance of insect in Chinnapperkovil pond, Sattur taluk, Virudhunagar District? on Intercollegiate Students Seminar on Biodiversity held at Thiagarajar College, Madurai during 16th October 2001(Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Water pollution indicators (phytoplankton and zooplankton) in Nallanchettipatti pond, Sattur taluk, Virudhunagar District. State level Seminar on pollution-A death knell to the Environment held at Raja Doraisingam Govt. Arts College, Sivagangai during 21st and 22nd January 2002 (Oral)
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Scent marking and its territorial significance of male dominant blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.)? on 28th Annual conference of the Ethological Society India held at Sarah Tucker College and Tamil Nadu Mundanthurai Forest Department, Tirunelveli during 7th and 8th February 2003 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled Frequency and duration of Flehmen behaviour in the Indian blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.) with special reference to Estrus? on XXIII Annual symposium on reproductive biology and comparative endocrinology held at IBMS, University of Madras, Taramani campus, Chennai during 25th to 27th January 2004 (Poster).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled Frequency of scent marking behaviour of lek male (Indian Blackbuck, Antelope cervicapra L.) with special reference to estrus? on XXIX Annual conference of the Ethological Society of India and National symposium on Unconventional pests held at Bangalore University during 23rd and 254th February 2005 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Observation of courtship behaviour and distribution of estrus in Indian Blackbuck, Antelope cervicapra L.? on XXIII National symposium on reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology held at Visva-Bharati (a Central University) Santinikatan during 7th to 9th February 2005 (Poster).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Flehmen behaviour in the dominant breeding buck (Antelope cervicapra L.) with reference to estrus? on 30th Annual conference of the Ethological Society of India and Biodiversity and Molecular Basis of organismal behaviour held at Sri Padavati Mahila Visvavidylayam (Women?s University), Tirupati during 4th and 5th February 2006 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Dominant suppress subordinate through scent marking in Indian Blackbuck, Antelope cervicapra L. A captive study? on XXIV Annual symposium of reproductive biology and comparative endocrinology on Therapeutic and diagnostic products for reproductive health: Recent trands and future prospects held at Indian Institute Technology, Roorkee during 14th to 16th February 2006 (Poster).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Inter-relationship of physico-chemical parameters and phytoplankton diversity with respect to pollution status of three perennial ponds of Sattur taluk? on National seminar on advanced plant sciences held at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli during 24th and 25th February 2006 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Diurnal variations in scent marking behaviour in endangered species of Indian Blackbuck, Antelope cervicapra L.? on National seminar on wildlife biodiversity conservation held at Pondicherry University, Pondicherry. During 13th to 15th October 2006 (Oral)
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Mammalian Exocrine secretion: Identification of low molecular mass protein in preorbital gland secretion of endangered species of Indian Blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.)? on International Conference on Biotechnological Approaches in Bioresopurces mamgement. Department of Biotechnology held at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, during 23rd to 26th January 2007 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Histomorphology and the chemical profiles of the preorbital gland of male blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.)? on XXVI National symposium of Society for Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology (SRBCE) held at the Holy Cross College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu during 23rd to 25th January 2008 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Non-invasive assessment of Reproductive status in endangered species of Indian Blackbuck (Antelope Cervicapra L.) by urinary volatiles? on International conference on Biodiversity conservation and Management, held at Rajiv Gandhi Chair in Contemporary Studies, Cochin during 3rd to 6th February 2008 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Conservation of an endangered species, indian blackbuck, through (non-invasive) pheromonal investigation? on 96th Indian Science Congress Young Science award programme for in animal, veterinary and fishery sciences held at North?Eastern Hill University, Shillong during 17th October 2008 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Impact zoo visitor density on the fecal cortisol and the behaviour of an endangered species, Indian Blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra L.) on International conference on Wildlife conservation, health and disease management at Madras Veterinary College, Chennai, during 3rd -5th February 2010 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Assessment of heavy metals in the water, plant and animal tisue of three wate reservoir of virudhunagar district, Tamil Nadu? on Natinal symposium on current perspective in animal biotechnology helad at Bharathidasan Universitry, Tiruchirappalli during 3rd and 4th February 2011 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Detection of estrus in Indian blackbuck: Behavioural, hormonal and urinary volatiles evaluation? on 82nd Annual Session of The National Academy of Sciences India - Swarna Jayanti Puruskars, Young Scientist, held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi during 29th November to 31st December 2012 (Poster).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Photocatalytic degradation of textile dyes using silver (Ag) nanoparticles synthesised from Oceanimonas denitrificans? in the 12th National Conference of Indian Association of Applied Microbiology, held at Dr. MGR Janaki College, Chennai during 5th December to 6th December 2014 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Catharanthus roseus root extract and its larvicidal effects? in the National Conference on Role of Biopharmaceuticals in achieving health by 2020 held at Dr. N.G.P. Arts and Science College, Coimbatore during 10th July to 11th July 2015 (Oral).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ?Analyses of putative pheromones and proteins in the urine of South Indian breed of Rajapalayam dog (Canis lupus familiaris) during estrous cycle? in the International symposium on Comparative Endocrinology and Integrative Physiology held at Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram during 4th August to 7th August 2015 (Oral).
Participation in Conference/Seminars/Symposium
- Participated in the National symposium on ?Green pesticides for Insect pest Management held at Entomological research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai during 5th and 6th February 2004.
- Participated in the National Seminar-Cum special Lectures on Emerging trends in Animal biotechnology held at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli during 4th and 5th March 2005.
- Participated in the National Conference on Environment and Sustainable development held at Department of Environment Management, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, during 16th and 17th February 2006.
- Participated the National symposium on ?Recent Trends in Insect pest Management? held at Entomological research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai during 1st and 2nd February 2007.
- Participated the National symposium on ?Ecofriendly Insect Pest management? held at Entomological research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai during 7th and 8th February 2008
- Participated in the National seminar on ?Emerging issues in Biodiversity management? held at Department of Environmental management, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, on 8th & 9th January 2009.
- Participated in the one-day seminar on ?Recent trends in chemical signaling? held at Center for Pheromone Technology, Department of Animal Science, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli on 2nd February, 2009.
- Participated in the National seminar cum workshop on quality in higher education-issues and challenges, organized by IQAC-Internal quality assurance cell, ANJA College, Sivakasi during 28.10.2010 and 29.10.2010.
Books/ Chapter Book
- 1 Protein Characterization and Plant Tissue Culture Techniques - A laboratory Manual, 2013. Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, New Delhi sponsored Short Term Training Course, Department of Biotechnology, Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi.
Assistant Professor of Biotechnology3 years
Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi
Awards / Recognitions
- 1 Acted as resources person in the BDT-Short Term Training Course on Protein Characterization and Plant Tissue Culture Techniques? organized by Department of Biotechnology, Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi held from 3rd July 2013 to 17th July 2013.
|Scholar name||Research area||Status||Year|
|Study of reproductive behaviour in Lion-tailed Macaque (Macaca silenus) with special reference to identification of estrus specific compounds: A new approach for natural conservation.||SERB (Ref.No.: SERB/LS-605/2012 dated on 02.11.2012)||Principal Investigator||Completed|
|Population Ecology of South Indian Breed of Rajapalayam Dog (Canis Lupus Familiaris) With Special Reference to Detection of Ovulation via Non-Invasive Pheromone Technology: A Novel Approach for Natural Conservation and Management||UGC (Ref.No.: 4-4/2015-16 (MRP/UGC-SERO) PN.: 746)||Principal Investigator||On Going|
|Member in Ethological Society of India (ESI)||Life Member||N.A.|
|Member in Society for Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology (SRBCE)||Life Member||N.A.|
|Member of Indian Science Congress||Life Member||N.A.|
|Member of The National Academy of Science, India||Life Member||N.A.|
|Member of Society for Evolutionary and Integrative Biology||Life Member||N.A.|