- To involve in the study of mind processes, reactions, motives, feelings, crisis management, conflict resolution, motivation, group think and nature of mind.
- To develop essential skills in preparation for a wide range of careers, while also allowing for specialisation in a particular psychological discipline focused towards student’s professional interests.
- Non Government & Government Agencies- Social Welfare, Rehabilitation
- Mental health worker/Counsellor
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Educational Psychologist
- Child/ Youth Guidance Centres/Geriatric Counsellor
- Marketing, Advertising & Consumer Behaviour Analyst
- Hospital Management
To further realize the vision and mission of Women’s Studies Centre of Thiagarajar College, Madurai, B.Sc. Psychology course was started in the academic year of 2015-2016. Psychology degree provides graduates with a broad skill set including data analysis, problem solving, scientific and statistical literacy and effective communication to probe the human sub- consciousness and suggest mental health care measures.
This study is growing dynamically with the ever evolving society. It is a multifaceted discipline which lies at the crossroads of other disciplines like biology, medicine, sociology, linguistics, medicine, anthropology, history and education as its content overlaps with other subjects, with unfailing regularity.
- They can work in: